Written by Joel on July 15, 2022/Shop Rag Newsletter
Shop Rag Issue 25 — New in Blue Ep. 9
New tool alert! Join Park Tool President and Chief Mechanic Eric Hawkins and Technical Expert Truman Purdy as they cover the latest gear from Park Tool and keep you up-to-date with everything new in blue. In this Episode we introduce a bevy of new bottom bracket tools, an all new bottom bracket retaining system, a fresh take on our Team Issue Repair Stand, and more. It’s not just new tools, though — Eric is joined by Director of Education Calvin Jones to talk bout Park Tool’s history of teaching and educating people about all things bike repair. From books to the early days of the web to YouTube, there is a lot of interesting history to get through.
- BBT-27.3 Bottom Bracket Tool — 16-Notch 49 mm OD
- BBT-35-12 Bottom Bracket Tool — 12-Notch
- BBT-35-36 Bottom Bracket Tool — 36-Notch
- BBT-59.3 Bottom Bracket Tool — 16-Notch
- BBT-69.4 Bottom Bracket / Lockring Tool — 16-Notch
- BBT-79.3 Bottom Bracket Tool — 12-Notch
- BBT-RS Bottom Bracket Tool Retaining System
- DTD-8 T8 Precision Torx®-Compatible Driver
- DTD-10 T10 Precision Torx®-Compatible Driver
- PRS-26 Team Issue Repair Stand
- PS-1 Disc Brake Pad Spreader
- TPT-1 Tubeless Tire Plug Tool
- TS-2.3 Professional Wheel Truing Stand
- JH-2 Wall-Mounted Lubricant & Compound Organizer
- JH-3 Wall-Mounted Socket, Bit & Torque Tool Organizer
- BK-UK Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit Upgrade Set
Trade Shows 2022
Park Tool is at Eurobike 2022 right now — if you’re in the area, come visit us at booth 11.1/B04! Also, check out Tech Tuesday #196, highlighting our time at the Sea Otter Classic in April of this year.
Show Us Your Shop
We want to see your workshops and projects! Tag us @parktoolblue and #ultimatebluetoolwall to show off your Park Tool pride.
2022 Community Tool Grants
Park Tool is proud to announce the winners of their 2022 Community Tool Grants, including this year’s President’s Choice award.