Item # FTS-1/ Tools / Frame & Fork
Fork Threading Set
The FTS-1 is designed for cutting new threads as well as chasing existing threads on bicycle fork steering columns. The FTS-1's cutting dies are made from the highest quality high speed steel for precision cutting and long life. The unique thread guide system used with the FTS-1 is specially designed to allow the metal chips and shavings that result during use to fall completely through the guide, preventing damage to the fork threads and the tool.
- Die handle
- 1" x 24 TPI cutting die (Part #606)
- 1" cutting guide (Part #610)
Also available separately:
- 1 1/8" x 26 TPI cutting die (Part #607)
- 1 1/8" cutting guide (Part #611)
- 1 1/4" x 26 TPI cutting die (Part #608)
- 1 1/4" cutting guide (Part #612)
Die handle fits all three sizes of dies and guides.
NOTE: the cutting dies of the FTS-1 are not designed for chromed steering columns. Always use cutting fluid such as Park Tool CF-2 when machining.