Park Tool cutters, facers, reamers and taps are made using the finest materials and are precision-machined to exact standards. The use of dull taps, facers and reamers can result in damage to the frame and to the tools. Cutters that are regularly sharpened are faster, safer and easier to use and produce better results. The Park Tool Sharpening Service will sharpen most Park Tool brand cutters back to factory specifications.
Here’s how the Park Tool Sharpening Service works:
- Complete the Service Request form and print the emailed PDF order form.
- Safely package your cutters and include the printed order form inside the package. Send only cutters. Do not send the handle.
- Seal package securely.
- Ship package according to the emailed instructions.
- Most cutters are sharpened weekly and will be returned via your choice of ground, 3-day, 2-day, or overnight shipping (subject to availability for international customers).
690, 690-XL, 690-XXL
|Facer / Reamers:
751, 751.2, 752, 754, 754.2, 791
|Bottom Bracket Taps:
691, 692, 693, 647R, 647L
|Double-Sided Crown Race Cutters:
|Single-Sided Crown Race Cutters:
|Disc Mount Facers:
1767, 1892, 2179, 2171
- We are able to sharpen Park Tool brand cutters only.
- Because the sharpening process affects the diameter and/or length of the cutter, there are a limited number of reamers we do not sharpen: 738, 744, 756S, 756S.2, 761S, 761S.2, 788, 789, and 799. We also do not sharpen small metric frame taps, pedal taps, cable cutters, fork dies, scissors, or pizza cutter blades.
- Additional charges may apply when sharpening excessively worn or damaged cutters. Some cutters may be too worn or damaged to sharpen.
- Return shipping insurance is available. See Service Request form for details.
Production cutters are designed to work well on all common metals in the bike industry. Our standard sharpening service duplicates our production specifications. Nearly all our cutters can be sharpened to optimize performance for a specific metal (steel, aluminum, titanium) for an additional charge (see pricing below). Note that, after sharpening, an optimized cutter should be used ONLY on the metal for which it is optimized. Contact us for more information on optimizing your cutter(s).
Additional Fee For Optimization
Facers: $10 additional charge each
Crown race cutter: $10 additional charge each
Crown race cutter double sided: $15 additional charge per cutter