Park Tool cutters, facers, reamers and taps are precision made using only the finest materials and are machined to exact standards. The use of dull taps, facers and reamers can result in damage to the frame and to the tools. Cutters that are regularly sharpened are faster, safer and easier to use and produce better results. The Park Tool Sharpening Service will sharpen Park Tool brand cutters back to factory specifications.
Here’s how the Park Tool Sharpening program works:
- Download and print the Sharpening Order Form, fill in the applicable information.
- Send your tools with the completed worksheet to Park Tool. Send only the cutter or reamer, do not send the handle.
- Tools are returned to you via UPS. Indicate shipping instructions on the Sharpening Order Form (overnight, 2 day, 3 day, ground service, insurance).
- We are able to sharpen PARK TOOL brand cutters only.
- Additional charges may apply when sharpening excessively worn or damaged cutters.
- NOTE: Sharpening of the 738, 756S, 761S, 788, 789, and 799 reamers will slightly reduce the cutting depth. Depending upon the condition of the tool this depth may be shortened by 0.05 to 0.25mm.
- NOTE: Some cutters may be unrepairable.
- Tools are sharpened and return shipped on Wednesdays. It’s your choice how long you want to be without your cutters. Send them to arrive on a Tuesday then let us know which service you want for the return of your tools (ground, 3-day, 2-day, overnight). Freight charges (actual) will be added to your credit card charges.
- We do not sharpen: Frame/small metric taps, Pedal Taps, Cable Cutters, Fork Dies, or Pizza Cutters.
- This service is for U.S. addresses. Contact us to inquire about service to Canada.
- Return shipping insurance is available. See Sharpening Order Form for details.
Production cutters are designed to work well on all common metals in the bike industry. Our standard sharpening service duplicates our production specifications. Nearly all our cutters can be sharpened to optimize performance for a specific metal (steel, aluminum, titanium) for an additional charge (see pricing below). Note that, after sharpening, an optimized cutter should be used ONLY on the metal for which it is optimized. Contact us for more information on optimizing your cutter(s).
Additional Fee For Optimization
Reamers: $10 additional charge each
Taps: $10 additional charge each
Facers: $10 additional charge each
Reamer/facer combo: $15 additional charge each
Crown race cutter: $10 additional charge each
Crown race cutter double sided: $15 additional charge per cutter