Item # BFS-1(discontinued) / Tools / Frame & Fork
Bottom Bracket Facing Set
The Park Tool BFS-1 is a complete set for facing threaded bottom bracket shells, resulting in a clean, even surface ready for drivetrain installation. The included threaded bushings ensure precise alignment of the tool, resulting in perfectly parallel shell faces. The integrated tension spring system maintains consistent pressure of the 45 mm facing cutter against the bottom bracket shell, avoiding chatter and uneven cutting. The BFS-1 is useful for cleaning up brand new or newly-painted frames, or can be used for reducing the width of the shell to accommodate different drivetrain components.
- 1.370" x 24 TPI right hand bushing — English (part #681)
- 1.370" x 24 TPI left hand bushing — English (part #682)
- 45 mm facing cutter (part #690)
- 36 mm x 24 TPI right hand bushing — Italian (optional — 2 required) (part #688)
- 57 mm oversized facing cutter (part #690-XL)
NOTE: Always use cutting fluid such as Park Tool CF-2 when machining.