Item # RC-1/ Tools / Lubricants & Compounds
Press Fit Retaining Compound
Park Tool RC-1 is used to prepare non-threaded parts such as bottom bracket cups, sealed bearings, and other press fit components. RC-1 expands and hardens as it cures, filling gaps and ensuring secure installation.
- 10 mL (0.34 fl. oz.) bottle
- Competes with Loctite® 680™
- Not recommended for threaded applications
NOTICE: When retaining compound or threadlocker is used on carbon fiber frames or components, adhesive primer such as Park Tool AP-1 must first be applied to all component, fastener and frame surfaces. Failure to do so could result in permanently bonded parts.
CAUTION: Some painted surfaces can be sensitive to threadlockers, retaining compounds and primers. Test first on an inconspicuous area to see if it causes a stain or discoloration. Clean off any excess from painted surfaces immediately.
- RC-1 Instructions (PDF—46.829 KB)
- RC-1 Safety Data Sheet — North American English (PDF—142.784 KB)
- RC-1 Safety Data Sheet — Danish (PDF—825.32 KB)
- RC-1 Safety Data Sheet — Finnish (PDF—850.057 KB)
- RC 1 SDS fr CA (PDF—747.709 KB)
- RC-1 Safety Data Sheet — Norwegian (PDF—823.794 KB)
- RC-1 Safety Data Sheet — Swedish (PDF—820.505 KB)