Item # BKD-1(discontinued) / Tools / Brakes
Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit — DOT
The BKD-1 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit will bleed most models of DOT fluid-based hydraulic disc brakes, including models made by SRAM®, Formula®, Hayes®, and Hope®. Bleeding of hydraulic brakes removes air bubbles and contaminants from the braking system, for long-lasting components and peak performance.
The BKD-1 is built for the rigors of daily commercial use, and includes two syringes, hoses with shutoff clips, multi-size bleed blocks and a unique attachable syringe mount, as well as multiple hose fittings to fit the multiple standards found on hydraulic bicycle brake systems. Every part is replaceable and available from Park Tool. Housed in a rugged storage case.
- Two 20 mL syringes
- Two hose assemblies with shutoff clips
- Two universal bleed blocks
- Syringe holder
- M5 x 0.8 adapters — Hayes® (x2)
- M5 x 0.8 adapters — SRAM® (x2)
- M6 x 1.0 adapters — Universal (x2)
- Bleeding Edge-specific fitting — SRAM®
- Hose compression sleeve — Universal
- Cone adaptor — Hayes®
- Set of spare O-rings and hose
- Replacement parts available
- Brake fluid not included
NOTE: The BKD-1 is for DOT fluid-based hydraulic bicycle brake systems only. DOT fluid and mineral oil should never be mixed in the brake system or in their respective service tools. Cross-contamination of brake fluid may cause seal failure which may result in brake failure. For mineral oil brake systems use the Park Tool BKM-1 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit — Mineral Oil.