Staff Mechanic / Customer Service (Full Time)
Park Tool, the world’s largest manufacturer of bicycle tools, is looking for a qualified expert bicycle mechanic to join our staff in St. Paul, Minnesota as part of our technical team. This job is diverse, demanding and fun, and we won’t stop our search until we have just the right person.
Staff Mechanic / Technical Expert with duties that include daily interaction with professional and home mechanics and being part of a team that brings the latest tools, repair help and technical information to the world.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Customer service via phone, email and social media
- Participation and interaction with our marketing and events teams
- Interaction and relationship building with home and professional mechanics from around the world
- Engagement with social media followers
- Engagement with sponsored athletes and organizations
- Brand protection
Technically and practically experienced bicycle mechanic who has the skills to effectively problem solve. Must be an independent self-starter who works well in a group or alone and who possesses an engaging and likeable personality. Must love to explain to the world how to fix bikes and what tools they need to do so.
Skills and talents required:
- Deep knowledge of bicycles and how they work, including present day bikes
- 3-5 years minimum bike shop mechanical experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player who can give constructive input/ideas on products and marketing initiatives
- Engaging/outgoing personality that connects well with people in-person, on the phone and via e-mail
- Tech savvy
- Innate ability to teach and explain the mechanics of a bicycle
- Good sense of humor and ability to interact with a wide variety of people
Park Tool is a 58 year-old company practicing Midwestern work ethics and integrity. We offer a full benefits package including profit sharing, health insurance, competitive wages, a four-day workweek and one of the best places to work in the industry.
So… if you’re an experienced mechanic who can effectively share your knowledge with the world, loves tools and looks good in blue, we may have a job for you. Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.