The EUROPACUP is organized by ISSABrno as a competition between some of the best mechanics who study bike mechanics schools in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the Czech Republic. This competition was held on January 7th, 2011, in Brno, Czech Republic. Eight work areas stocking Park Tool products were created for the event.
One of the benches ready for action stocked by our Czech distributor, PEDALSPORT s.r.o.
Each country had its own competition and the best mechanics from each country were nominated to EUROPACUP. The purpose of the event was to meet one another, compare their knowledge, and allow them to discuss their profession. There were eight procedures to complete:
- Wheelbuilding-rear hub, 28 spokes, 2 crossing, including tension
- Suspension fork disassembly and assembly
- Rear hub disassembly and assembly
- New bike assembly from a box to complete
- Frame preparation: Bottom bracket & head tube facing. Crank and head set assembly
- Hydraulic disc brakes adjusting, bleeding, caliper disassembly and assembly
- Front and rear derailleur adjusting. Disassembly and assembly.
- Cyclo computer installation including software installing
Viktor Pospichal with the HTR-1B slicing into the headtube
The competition was based on points. It was a grueling day, which ran from 08:00 to 15:00 in the afternoon. There were 40 minutes to complete each task.
Leonhard Selbherr in the heat of the action
From left to right the best of the 2011 EUROPACUP:
Standing in the middle is the first place winner from Germany, Leonhard Selbherr
Standing on the right finishing in second place from Germany, Johannes Schindler
Standing on the left and finishing in third place from Switzerland, Kevin Stadler